Saturday, June 18, 2011

Last Weekend

Well this is the last Saturday I will have off for a while. I will be working weekends until the end of the year. It sucks but I am thankful for a job. Today has been a weird day. I had lunch and shopping with my best friends, but now I'm kinda lonely. I think I need a hobby. Anywho, last night I went out and had sushi at Bluefin. I had trendy sushi places. The food is always over-priced and the rolls are too small. I was also very unhappy with them automatically adding gratuity. Now, I am a great tipper. I usually tip about 20%. The server we had should have gotten the minimum of 15%. They added 18% gratuity because it was after 10pm. I was so angry. I guess that was just one of the many things pissing me off this weekend. I'm going through the angry part of my grief right now. I feel like people should stop with every plan they have because my plans were stopped so suddenly. I don't think it's fair that they get to go on with life and I feel like I'm just stuck. It also makes me angry that people are either afraid to talk about Cameron or they bring him up at an awkward moment. I don't think people understand that loss is loss. If I lose my mother, the pain is no greater than the pain of losing my child. In fact, it is the loss of my son that is greater because I never knew him.

"A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower. A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. There is no word for a parent who loses a child. That's how awful the loss is." ~Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment