Thursday, June 16, 2011

Constructive Grief

I recently found out that a co-worker of mine lost her child at 32 weeks, and I was asked to minister to her. Of course I am always willing to help one in need but I hate that she has to go through the pain. I think it is so unfair. My heart breaks for her. I prayed for her the minute I found out. One thing I am happy about, I am happy that God has equipped me with the tools needed to help someone else. I have a heart to help others. I love to help others. Making others happy makes me feel good. I think that's why I have a tough time having enemies. I may have those that dislike me, but they will still come to me for help.

 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
Philippians 2:3-4

My friends and I just made plans to go to Rome next year. I am so excited. The highlight of the trip for me will be going to Ephesus. I will get to walk where Paul walked. Paul is my second favorite person in the Bible. Anywho, this is a dream of mine that I will finally get to let come true. I am very thankful for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment